Are you planning to hire a graphic design services provider? Do you know you know the things that you need to consider to outsource graphic design? Here are some steps to follow:
First: Find Out What Your Needs Are?
You need to have clear goals about what you need from the provider. Here are some goals that you may want them to achieve:
- You need a fresh brand identity
- You need marketing material for the next event
- You want ad-designs to start a digital marketing campaign
- You want to create design files
Once you have clarity about the need, you can start to find the designer.
Second: You Should Have a Budget in Place
Once you have the goal, you need to have the estimate about the money that you are ready to invest in the attainment of the goal. It is crucial to allocate a budget before you start to discuss the finances with the provider. If you hire a too expensive a designer, you may end up losing your money quickly which is even worse than having a designer at all. You should have a clear idea about the amount that you can spare for the entire marketing efforts including the graphic designing.
Third: Create a Design Brief
Once you have allocated the budget, you will need to have a graphic design brief ready with you. It is a document which contains all the details of your company, who you want to target and the expectations of graphic design along with the estimated budget. You need to clear when you are briefing your vision, mission, goals and similar other details. The designer will need these details that reflect your company and attracts your target audience at the same time.
Fourth: Reach Out The Providers
Now that you have a brief, you should reach out to the designers whom you want to outsource the graphic design. Few things that you need to bear in mind are:
- There should be no contract
- Make sure that all the source files included
- The designer should offer unlimited designs requests and revisions
- You should have a dedicated designer
- Communication with a designer should be simple
- The price rate should be flat
Fifth: Start Hunting on the Internet
Once you are ready with the brief, you should start searching the internet for a graphic designer. You should first create a list of selected providers then start evaluating them. The first thing you should pay attention to is their portfolio. The right designer for your business is the one who has worked on the kind of design goals that you want. To this end, you must evaluate the portfolio of the designers fully. It will give you a fair idea of what they are offering and what you need. Some key things that you should look into:
- Samples-Are they relevant? If you are asking a logo designer to design your collaterals, then you are asking for too much. It’s not necessary that a designer, who is an expert in one thing, may be good at designing other as well.
- Experience-You will surely prefer a designer who has delivered for your industry. If you are in the fast-food industry, then a designer who has worked in this industry earlier will be most suited.
- Prices-Once you are okay with the work of the designer, you should negotiate the prices and make sure that they are the within your budget!
In the End
If you follow these steps, you’ll surely find a provider whom you can outsource graphic design needs!