It is a well-known fact that customer service goes beyond hiring cheerful employees and greeting customers at the door. Customers have become tech-savvy and more demanding than ever. They expect personalized service, and it is fair enough. The best businesses offer personalized customer services to retain their loyal customers as well as hook new ones.
Why is personalized customer service important?
- A personalized customer service contributes to your bottom line. It is one of the biggest spending motivators and can’t be underestimated.
- Personalized customer service makes customers believe that you care, and value them.
- Consumers have a lot of choices which means tough competition for you. Personalized services set your business apart in the crowd. Your competitors may be a bigger name in the market or offer slight better products at the best price. You can’t control these factors, but you can do control the kind of customer service you offer. For many consumers, the level of customer service is sufficient to decide to shop with your over others.
Here are some proven Customer Engagement Solutions:
Customized loyalty programs
Not all loyalty programs are created equal. Instead of curating one-size-fits-all loyalty programs, personalize your offerings based on the interest and needs of your most loyal customers. It can be done in multiple ways:
- Customized promotions
- A unique experience in your store
- Tailored email marketing campaign
- Loyalty platforms – highly scalable, flexible and secure
Benefits of individualized loyalty programs:
- Speed to market – can be launched in all channels with configurable capabilities for a flexible and scalable program
- Incremental profitability – deepen member engagement and generate incremental revenue and program profitability with smart offers
- Available and secure – operate with confidence that your members’ data is protected
- In market success:
- 25% average increase in loyalty customers spend over customer lifetime
- Loyalty customers are on average 50% more profitable than non-loyalty customers
- Loyalty customers spend 60% more per transaction
They help retailers improve customer lifetime value while ensuring promotions are optimized and executed in a brand sustainable manner.
- Increase conversion rate, purchase frequency & average order value
- Optimize promotional expenditure
- Drive deeper category penetration & shape demand
Empower store associates
Your sales associate can significantly enhance your customers’ shopping experience but only when they are abreast of the latest information. Give your staff required tools and knowledge to elevate the shopping experience of customers.
Offer multiple customer service channels
In the technology-driven world, every customer uses at least a bunch of channels to get in touch with the business. One of your loyal customers may be comfortable with sending an email while others may want to talk to a live person on the phone. As a business, it is your responsibility to offer customer service through all channels. Be it social media channels, live chat, email, or 24/7 call assistance, offer everything to your customer. It will help customers to personalize their experience by using the methods they prefer.
Offer smooth transition
Make sure that every transition goes smoothly. Don’t let customer hanging. For example, many times customer service employees hand a customer off to a manager who does the same to another representative of different department, either in person or phone. Even if it happens, ask your customer service staff to explain to the customers what they are doing. For example, they can tell a customer that her/his call is being transferred to the accounting department. Consider requesting employees explain their issues to the manager before they leave. It will give you a good insight into the issues of your customer services department so that you can come up with powerful solutions.
The personalized customer engagement solution may be overwhelming to implement at first, especially for small retailers. However, the result will indeed motivate you to do the same.